Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Defying Fate

I am a firm believer in fate. Unfortuanately, my cowardice sometimes blocks that fate from ever occurring. Yesterday, as I walked into my huge Political Science class I decided that I would enagage in the awkward and sit somewhere new by someone completely different. Well, I was early enough to class that the room was still pretty empty. I picked the emptiest spot I could find and sat myself down in the hopes that by leaving plenty of room around me plenty of people would sit near me.

Of course, one of the cutest girls that I have come across in quite a while sits right in front of me. You would think with my bold assertion of being awkward yesterday, I woul have taken the initiative and starting chatting with her. Well, of course, that didn't happen. I sat there silent for the whole class period.

Later that night, we were required to go watch a documentary for that same class. It so happens, only about 30 of the 300 people from class actually showed up and this cute girl happened to be one of them, and of course, she was sitting right next to me again. Again, I believe in fate, and when you run into the same person more than once in the strangest of circumstances it is for sure fate working in your favor. But like I said sometimes my fate is obstructed by my cowardice. You guessed it, I "missed communication" again and probably jipped myself out of a date on Friday night.

Let's all try to learn from my mistakes and take a larger step into the world of awkward.

-Brodie

1 comments:

Eni Kiss :) said...

Just so you know, it's just as hard for girls as for guys. I am a cashier at a gas station, and I usually talk to everyone, ask them questions, joke with them, but if I have to talk to a really good looking guy, I go silent! I should talk to him even more than with others! Someday... maybe tomorrow :)

Post a Comment