Thursday, November 19, 2009

It Takes Two To Make a Thing Go Right

I have always said that things are only awkward if you make them awkward. As often as possible, I try to make things not-awkward. I’ll smile at people I pass and I say hello to people if I think I know them. Hopefully, I do this in what is thought of as a “normal” manner.
Despite these efforts, I still encounter far too many awkward communications. So often the other person will look away even as they say hello. Other times they ignore my greetings entirely.
I’ve come to the conclusion that it takes two to exchange a pleasant moment of communication, but it only takes one to make it unbearably awkward. What is it that has made this so commonplace in our society? Why do we refuse to be comfortable exchanging a simple everyday greeting?
So, the next time greets you, how about going easy on them and not making it awkward.
-Nova

0 comments:

Post a Comment