Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Forcing Awkwardness

Today in my Communications Media Writing class I was issued an assignment to interview three complete strangers (for the sake of extra-awkwardness I did four) and find something about them that is unique. I found that at the beginning of walking around campus looking for someone to interview I couldn't get over the shyness that no doubt would normally hamper my efforts.

I remembered that I really wasn't being awkward by approaching a stranger, in fact the action would be completely the opposite if I hadn't been caught up in the societal status quo of indifference. After realizing this I was able to interview folks with ease and found that I enjoyed what I was doing.

Maybe we should interview someone new everyday. Just an idea.

-Mitch

0 comments:

Post a Comment